Internet Radio Advantages
- Internet Radio is static free, high fidelity
- Internet Radio can be high bandwidth, rich stereo thru your current amplifier.
- Virtually every "traditional, over the air" radio station has a parallel internet stream
- There are 10s of thousands of internet streams, not broadcast "traditional, over the air"
To deploy the internet radio, I used Amazon.com to
- search on: ' hi fi internet radio '
- look at internet radio component abilities vs. my amplifier/surround sound system abilities:
- purchase this internet radio :
You will read internet radio instructions to figure out how to
· connect your internet radio to your amplifier/surround sound system
o e.g. in an empty slot next to your, e.g., CD Player
· connect your internet radio to the internet
o with a cable
o or wirelessly
· use a web page to configure your radio stations and "URL Streams"
o Suggestions / "Works for me" procedures:
§ Use Google Chrome Browser - to search and create Radio Stations and " Windows Media URL Streams"
§ Use Internet Explorer - to launch and test Radio Stations and URL Streams in your Windows Media Browser Media Player
· use internet radio remote control to select & listen to Radio Stations and URL Streams
Your internet Radio will have thousands of built in radio stations
Here are some "URL Streams" that you can add to your " internet radio - My Streams"
Q2 - Modern Classical - http://wqxr-q2.streamguys.com/q2.m3u
WRTI - Philadelphia - Classical Stream - http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wrti/ppr/wrti.m3u
Space SOMA Drone http://somafm.com/wma128/dronezone.asx
- SOMA is awesome for taking a Nap!