Download Visual Studio Extension from gallery - http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/591f2516-9aec-4892-be08-53c1d63bc5a1
Video 1 – Sprint Burndown plus Introductory video
Wouldn’t it be cool if you could see all sprint Burndown charts that your team worked on plotted on one single timeline! That’s what Utkarsh & I thought a few months back when we started work on the Burndown+ extension. And here we are… Sprint burndown plus not only shows you all your team sprint burndown charts plotted on one time line, but it offers you the ability to slice and dice this data. For example, in the screen shot below, the selected task ‘Add unit tests throughout the project’ was first added in Sprint 2 and marked done, then it was reopened in Sprint 3 and was carried forward to Sprint 4 before officially being closed.
Figure 1 – Sprint burndown + is divided into 2 parts, the sprint timeline and the selected sprint dashboard
If you are on a touch enabled device, try pinching in on the timeline, this lets you zoom into the timeline…
Figure 2 – Zoom in on the Sprint timeline
What’s in the box?
The first version of Avanade Sprint burndown+ extension allows you to,
- Make Sprint burn down available with in Visual Studio
- Plot all Sprint burn downs for a team on one timeline
- Give user the ability to Zoom in and drill down on the Sprint timeline
- Give user the ability to click on Sprint points from the timeline to loads the sprint dashboard
- Give user the ability to click a task in the task grid and plot the task on the timeline (notice the Coral on the timeline, this indicates that the task was first started in Sprint 1 and how it has progressed through the different sprints)
We would love for you to try out the extension and let us know what works and what you would like improvement….
I hope you found this useful. Thank you for taking the time out and reading this blog post. If you enjoyed the post, remember to subscribe to http://feeds.feedburner.com/TarunArora. Stay tuned!