Jet Brains have announced ReSharper 7.1: a considerable update to the powerful .NET
developer productivity tool for Visual Studio. They invite you to download ReSharper 7.1
and take it for a free 30-day trial. I urge you to try this excellent Visual Studio add-on. Here is their announcement:
Following this update, ReSharper 7 brings even more value to all .NET developers, such as more ways to refactor, inspect, clean up, review and generate code. Feature highlights of ReSharper 7 now include:
- Full integration with Visual Studio 2012 while maintaining support for Visual Studio 2005, 2008, and 2010.
- Performance and bug fixes: Since releasing version 7.0 this summer, we have fixed over 300 performance problems and bugs.
- New code inspections and contract annotations for a more robust .NET code quality analysis. Sharing ReSharper code inspection results with teammates has been streamlined as well for the purposes of code review.
- Improved tooling for .NET code maintenance
including the top requested Extract Class refactoring that helps
decrease code complexity, as well as a way to remove unused assembly
references across the entire solution.
- Enhanced code formatter: We have implemented some
of the most demanded code formatter improvements so far. For example,
ReSharper 7.1 is able to format XML doc comments and chained method
- Additional code exploration features helping visualize hierarchies of polymorphic members and CSS styles.
- An extended and fine-tuned code generation toolset.
In terms of support for specific technologies and frameworks, ReSharper 7 is on the cutting edge as well, providing:
- Support for VB.NET refined with the Extract Class refactoring, new quick-fixes and improved IntelliSense.
- XAML support considerably enhanced in terms of code completion, typing assistance, naming style control, and code generation.
- An extensive pack of functionality for developers looking to create Windows Store applications for Windows 8.
- INotifyPropertyChanged interface support pack to improve productivity of Windows Forms, WPF and Silverlight application developers.
- Addition of two previously unsupported Microsoft development technologies: LightSwitch and SharePoint.
For details on features and improvements in ReSharper 7 and a 30-day free trial, please read What's New in ReSharper 7.