Today's Deal of the Day from O'Reilley at http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596806408.do at $15.99 is Windows 7: The Missing Manual
"In early reviews, geeks raved about Windows 7. But if you're an ordinary mortal, learning what this new system is all about will be challenging. Fear not: David Pogue's Windows 7: The Missing Manual comes to the rescue. Like its predecessors, this book illuminates its subject with reader-friendly insight, plenty of wit, and hardnosed objectivity for beginners as well as veteran PC users.
Windows 7 fixes many of Vista's most painful shortcomings. It's speedier, has fewer intrusive and nagging screens, and is more compatible with peripherals. Plus, Windows 7 introduces a slew of new features, including better organization tools, easier WiFi connections and home networking setup, and even touchscreen computing for those lucky enough to own the latest hardware.
With this book, you'll learn how to:
- Navigate the desktop, including the fast and powerful search function
- Take advantage of Window's apps and gadgets, and tap into 40 free programs
- Breeze the Web with Internet Explorer 8, and learn the email, chat, and videoconferencing programs
- Record TV and radio, display photos, play music, and record any of these to DVD using the Media Center
- Use your printer, fax, laptop, tablet PC, or smartphone with Windows 7
- Beef up your system and back up your files
- Collaborate and share documents and other files by setting up a workgroup network"