What Was I Thinking?

Follies & Foils of .NET Development
posts - 87 , comments - 254 , trackbacks - 0

November 2010 Entries

Fixing “ResGen.exe" exited with code–1073741701” in Visual Studio 2010
I found this fix online which appears to have resolve this issue, so I wanted to share it here. I take no credit/responsibility for it, except to say that it has resolved the issue for me. Set the 32-bit flag on resgen.exe a. Open a Visual Studio command-prompt as an administrator b. Navigate to the Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin directory. c. ***SAVE A COPY*** of your original resgen.exe file. This is very important if you want to be able to replace our tweak with the original file without having ......

Posted On Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:59 AM | Comments (2) |

QuickTip: Don’t rely on HTTPPostedFile.FileName
Supposedly, HTTPPostedFile.FileName is supposed to contain just the name of the uploaded file. It should exclude the original filename path. This doesn’t always appear to be the case, and seems to vary by the browser doing an upload. To avoid the browser issue entirely, use a FileInfo(HttpPostedFile.Fil... to return just the file name (and extension) portion of the file. Change this: Code Snippet var saveFileName = Path.Combine(UploadedFileSe... FilePackage.PostedFile.File... to this: ......

Posted On Friday, November 5, 2010 8:57 PM | Comments (1) |

Migrating SQL Server Broker Service (SSBS) Objects
I recently migrated my dev environment to a new pc. I moved over all the databases and reattached them. Unfortunately, I soon discovered my SSBS services weren’t working. I was sending messages to my service, but nothing was showing up in the queue. I added logging and monitoring to the stored procs that act as an entry point to the services, and the stored procs I use for activation. Still, nothing. When I ran the Broker Server Diagnostic tool (ssbdiagnose) (available in {Program files}\Microsoft ......

Posted On Friday, November 5, 2010 4:58 PM | Comments (2) |

Powered by: