Windows Azure Boot Camp: Diagnostics (http://wabcdemos.cloudapp.net/)
- Remote desktop
- MonAgentHost.exe starts Auto, listener wired up in app/web.config
Need to define a storage account
User can set quota
- Source to Storage:
Example: Trace log to Azure Table; IIS Logs to Blob; Windows Event to Azure Table, Crash dump to Blob, ...
- Load Diagnostic Agent
<Imports><Import moduleName="Diagnostic" /></Imports>
- TransferFilterLogLevel and TransferLogPeriod (???)
- When done, call the SetCurrentInstance() to persist the change.
- IntelliTrace (require .NET 4, Visual Studio Ultimate (can deploy, but need Ultimate to play back log [Kevin: really? wondering how the log parses]})
- All API calls must be signed with a registered administrative certificate X509, can register up to 5
Create self-signed certificate: Go to deploy (publish) >> Not the create package
During export, make sure you get a copy of PFX file
- Fault Domain, default of 2
Upgrade Domain, default of 5
- Azure does not autoscale, mostly a billing concern.
SQL Azure becomes Read-only when you go over the limit.
- Download Grey Box application (from CodePlex)
- Some plugins available: C:\Program Files\Windows Azure SDK\v1.4\bin\plugins\
- IIS Remote Manager