This article is a Part 4 of the Interview Questions series.
Q&A: WCF, Discovery
· When the WS-Discovery standard gets approval first time?
· Is the WS-Discovery using the XML format for messages?
· Is the WS-Discovery using the SOAP format for messages?
· What are the versions of the WS_Discovery protocol?
· What version is the default version?
· What is a difference between the Add-hoc and Managed modes? What are the Pro and Cons?
· Describe the message exchange sequences of the Discovery protocol.
· What are the message exchange sequences in the Add-hoc and Managed modes?
· Can the Add-hoc and Managed modes be switched dynamically?
· What messages are multicast and what are unicast?
· What is the Discovery Proxy service?
· It there a default Discovery Proxy service?
· What is the difference between the Probe and Resolve requests?
· What are the response messages for the Probe and Resolve requests?
· What are the response messages for the Probe and Resolve requests if there is no match?
· Who sends the announcement message, service or client?
· What announcement messages are used?
· Is announcement using a Special endpoint?
· Is announcement optional or mandatory?
· How to make a Web-hosted service discoverable? What two options do we have? How AppFabric or Discovery Proxy service is used to help with it?
· What is a FindCriteria class? What are the Search criteria?
· How long a client is waiting the results from the discovery request?
· What happens if a discovery request didn’t get you any service endpoint?
· Can we use different versions together on a single service host?
· What endpoints are used for the Discovery?
· What is a difference between the DiscoveryEndpoint and the DynamicEndpoint? Do we have to use a DynamicEndpoint with a DiscoveryClient?
· What Discovery endpoints are the system endpoints?
· How to make a custom endpoint discoverable?
· Why the UPD protocol is used for discovery? What pros and cons?
· How to use the Discovery Client Channel? What are alternatives?
· What are the pros and cons using the Discovery Client Channel?
· How to create a DiscoveryEndpoint on demand?
· Can you compare the WS-Discovery and the UDDI?
| posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:03 AM