iRobot Customer Service

For Christmas, I bought a Roomba Discovery. I LOVE it. Its so convenient, and it just scoots around sucking up all the dust and puppy hair. I was shocked and amazed (and a bit embarassed) at just how much dust it did pick up! The roomba has just as much (if not more) vacuum power as a regular upright vacuum cleaner. It has no trouble with my rugs (although I hear if you have frilly rugs they can cause trouble), stairs, or furniture. It did get caught on a tshirt on the floor once - but the Roomba just realized there was a problem and shut it self off.

The robot ran great for a while, and then one day just stopped cleaning. I contacted the iRobot customer service, and with no fuss and a less than 5 minute phone call, another one is being sent to our home. Now that's service.

If you're thinking about buying a Roomba, I highly recommend it.

Print | posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 3:41 PM

Left by John F. Schiff at 10/2/2005 11:33 PM
Gravatar I agree, the Discovery is wonderful! However, mine also died within a few weeks, spinning in place like a one-legged turtle. A quick call to Customer Service, a small part mailed to them, and I had a new Roomba within a week.

Unfortunately, it was the wrong model, and I'm now expected to ship the incorrect one back to them, cross-country, via FedEx, paid for out of my own wallet. I'm not pleased about this.

Left by Kyle Walsh at 10/23/2005 8:41 PM
Gravatar Dear Customer service,

My Romba turns off after About 2 min every time I try to use it, no matter how long I charge it. Should i send it back to you or can you tell me how to use it.

Left by Dennis B. at 9/17/2006 9:35 AM
Gravatar Our Romba Discovery worked off and on for about a month. Now it just spins in a circle and stops. I follwed the instructions for what to do when it stopped and beeped 4 times. Still not working. I plan to call Customer Service at the first opportunity. I am undecided if I would buy another or recommend one. As it is the electronics seems to me to need reworking to be more reliable.

Left by D.W. at 9/26/2006 3:23 PM
Gravatar My roomba red does the circle thing, stops, and beeps 4 times as well. I called customer service during their business hours and followed the voice prompt to get to roomba technical assistance, but I waited hours and still couldn't get to an agent. How did you guys get somebody to pick up the phone?

Left by Lance at 9/26/2006 4:45 PM
Gravatar I think the secret is to call them during business hours. :)

Left by Carol Reid at 4/26/2007 12:25 AM
Gravatar PLEase help me find help I need to get my roombas fixed none of them work I bought 6 batteries also the new charger so it wll walk and charge itself nothing ever works. I have spent over $1000.00 and sill cannot use any of them. Everyone that comes in the house says oh neat you are lucky to have them how do they work and my response is always they don;t they just cost money. Help me to get something working.Carol 954-240-6049 thank you

Left by Lance at 4/26/2007 9:32 AM
Gravatar Carol, you just need to call iRobot. Their customer service number is on their website.

Left by char at 11/17/2007 10:54 PM
Gravatar I purchased a roomba about two years ago. It worked great for awhile, but then stopped. I bought a new battery, to no avail. I couldn't ever reach a person by phone, but finally received satisfaction via the website. I was sent an OSMO (free of charge). It updates the software. Now it works well again!

Left by Phil in Houston at 12/20/2007 7:43 PM
Gravatar After a website error while ordering online I called to check if the order went thru. "Len" first asked for my CC#. I asked if there was some way to look me up other than that and he said no. After giving him the info he said no there is no order here, only some inquiry from Feb. 2006. Odd, we didn't inquire before. Then I decided to make an order on the phone. So he asks me for my email address. After a few moments he reads back to me my home and billing address. Huh? How do you get home/billing address from an email address? Now he says well there is an "incomplete" order from that Feb 2006 inquiry. Very odd.
So we complete the order. Great. No prob. Wrong! The bank shows two transactions, one with the balance I would have paid from the website order and the other from my phone order. I know they are different b/c I had chosen gift wrapping on the web order and not on the phone order. So I call back today and "Rob" first asks for my cc#. I ask is there any way to look up my order another way. He says no. Well, I'm not giving my cc# again. I mention that I got an email confirmation on my order and I have an order # in that. He says ok we can check it that way. Huh? You just said there was no way to check but with a cc#! Now he says "Well the 2nd charge was just to verify and will fall ff in 48 hrs". Funny how the amount of the additional charge was for the exact amount of the web order!
BTW, my Treo has a program called CallRec where every call I receive and make are recorded. I have both calls recorded and saved on my PC. Keep it up IRobot and I will have to make those recordings public for all to hear and decide if you are operating honestly.

Left by Jen at 12/26/2007 7:10 PM
Gravatar My discovery broke two days after purchase. I called customer support and they said they would ship a new one out but it's been almost a month and my roomba hasn't arrived yet.

iRobot needs some serious help.

Left by Hari Ninan at 11/19/2008 7:16 PM
Gravatar We bought Irobot and used it for over two years and no longer working now. I tried calling customer service but no answer. Please help.

Thanks,
Hari

Left by tgator13 at 6/24/2009 7:42 AM
Gravatar Good luck! They won't answer; they'll leave you on hold forever, then when you email them they'll kindly email you the same number from their website so you can call and be on hold forever again!

iRobot CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!

ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS!!!
DON'T SUPPORT them by buying their crappy products!!!

Your comment: