Posts
Comments
Trackbacks
Set your Most Popular Sites as your home page in Internet Explorer 9, IE9

One of the best features that IE9 offers is seeing all your "Most Visited Sites" when clicking new tab button. As show below

Popular Sites Screen Shot

We can tweak IE9 with just a few steps to make this Popular sites Page as our home page, just press Alt + T,  and click Internet Options

Show Options

On the homepage Text Box Type "about:Tabs" , as show on the screen shot Below

Step 2

Click OK, Now everytime you open IE9, your Most visited sites will be your Home Page =)......

Happy Browsing.....

posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 8:20 PM Print
Comments
# re: Set your Most Popular Sites as your home page in Internet Explorer 9, IE9
Sai Puli
6/14/2011 10:15 PM
Microsoft is already getting ready to shove IE 10 down our throats, so I'm thinking is it worth spending time to learn the magic of IE 9.
# re: Set your Most Popular Sites as your home page in Internet Explorer 9, IE9
mabel
12/17/2011 12:27 PM
thanks.i've been figuring how to do that
# re: Set your Most Popular Sites as your home page in Internet Explorer 9, IE9
Jerrad
1/9/2012 10:36 AM
Is there a way of deciding which 10 are constantly there? Instead of most popular that alwasy keeps changing, some way of setting like google, hotmail, yahoo, craigslist, etc, etc, ?
Thanks!
# re: Set your Most Popular Sites as your home page in Internet Explorer 9, IE9
what?
3/14/2012 9:01 PM
is there a way to save "most popular sites" so that it won't be deleted even if i delete my browsing history?
# re: Set your Most Popular Sites as your home page in Internet Explorer 9, IE9
Edwardcudjoe
1/3/2013 8:46 PM
it very interesting website
# re: Set your Most Popular Sites as your home page in Internet Explorer 9, IE9
D~
1/13/2013 11:36 AM
Thanks for the solution! I typed in - about:Tabs - like you instructed. Next under "Tabs" on Internet Options, I selected "Your first home page" so the most popular site will open on each newly opened tab. Thanks again!
# LOVE YOU............... Ok Really LIKE you. LOL
Nicole Ramirez
4/28/2014 3:29 AM
I upgraded/uploaded "something" lately and lost my aboutabs THANK YOU for showing me what I needed to do TO GET those tabs back. WOW! Ok, I am happy now. :) Have to find out WHAT I uploaded, for that is why I lost it. :( SHALOM

Title *