Posts
Comments
107
Trackbacks
Motorola Cable Box and DVI Error
I upgraded to HD from Comcast a few weeks ago.  I received a new HD box (Motorola DCH-3200) to be able to get 1080i programming.  However, when I plugged in the HDMI cable into the TV and cable box, the cable box would always power on, go through the power on self-tests, and then lock up, displaying DUI / DU1 in the display.  This, I found out, is the digital display of the word 'DVI'.  I googled the error, and only found a few people who experienced it, although there was enough information to infer that this appeared to be some sort of handshake issue between the components.  Since HDMI is a digital spec (complete with copyright management -- yay), there is more than just a signal output from the box to the TV.  The two have to speak with each other before it will work.

I'd seen issues with people putting a receiver in between the cable box and the TV, and that causing issues because the receiver didn't propagate the signal correctly between devices, but I had a straight connection.  However, after much fussing and the arrival of the Comcast technician, we did try an alternate HDMI input on the back of the TV, and that worked like a champ.

I have no idea why another input would work.  There is no mention of different specs for the various HDMI inputs on my TV, but all I know is HDMI1 doesn't work, while HDMI2 does.  Incidentally, HDMI1 works with my DVD player, just not with the cable box.  By the way, I have a Phillips LCD (I forget the exact model number).

/shrug
posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 9:55 AM Print
Comments
Aaron
3/24/2008 1:43 PM
Don't you just love 'standards'? And they wonder why anybody older than 45 is TOTALLY intimidated by this stuff!
John Workman
3/24/2008 9:43 PM
This sounds very similar to the problem I have with my XBox. I have it set up with HDMI. When I power it off, and then power it back on, it gets the red circle of death if the tv is not set to DVD input. The problem is that I can't switch my tv to the DVD input unless it detects the DVD (my xbox). The xbox fails if it doesn't detect the tv. I then have to power up the xbox. get the error, switch the tv to dvd input, then power down and back up the xbox. What a pain.

your note above about the "handshake" with HDMI helped me realize what was going on with this. Thanks for the enlightenment.
John
David Barrett
3/25/2008 12:05 PM
@ John: Yep, I've heard of this happening, too. Quite annoying. At least there's a workaround. :)

@ Aaron; What kills me is that HDMI is an agreed-upon specification! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI). Oh well, so much for interoperability.
Naomi Santiago
6/24/2008 6:10 AM
I found this by putting my error code in my google search bar. Lucky me! I too have a Phillips HDTV. not LCH though. 52" Plasma. I was going to go exchange the cable box, but after your blog I think I'll try option A before packing it up and making the trip. Thanks!
Mishelle
8/31/2008 7:49 PM
So glad you had this posted. I was on the phone tonight with one of Comcast's "brilliant" techs for twenty minutes. He asked what it said, I told him "dUI, digital under the influence." He had NO sense of humor. After explaining to him that I had already tried to reset the box, he told me it meant I need a new box. I knew this just could not be right. So I have a tech coming out Saturday (almost a week away) to bring a new box. I knew someone would have a message on this error, and low and behold, here you are! I d/c my HDMI cable from the cable box, reset and *POOF* I have cable again. I will let the tech set up my HDMI cable, but what a joke! I had no really bad internet service for four weeks. I was on the phone with them daily. The fourth tech that came to my house was finally man enough to go into the crawl space (the others had refused.) He found that recent flooding had messed up the connectors. Anyhow, thank you so much for posting this!
Ben
11/30/2008 7:39 PM
I am currently having the exact same problem. I get the same error code. The only problem with me is if I switch around the HDMI1 and HDMI2 I get a picture but no sound. I have a new Sylvania 42"flat screen. And the audio outputs are ONLY on the HDMI1 jack. The back of the TV set doesn't have any other place that I can see for switching off the audio to another plug. HELP!
David Barrett
12/2/2008 12:09 PM
Sorry, Ben. I got nothing. Perhaps the audio outputs can be switched in an on-screen menu somewhere?
Ben
12/3/2008 11:06 AM
Called Sylvania and they told me that(HDMI1)is the only option that TV offers. You can't re-route the RCA jacks to anywhere else on that TV. BUMMER! If I unplug the cable box for a few seconds and then let it sit, it resets itself and is fine again. But this happenes everytime I shut down the cable box. Maybe it's the box itself?
Neil
12/30/2008 6:57 PM
help, I am trying to connect a new motorola HDMI cable box to my HD tv via DVI and all I get is a green screen...help
TY MISHELLE Val is grateful
7/11/2009 9:08 PM
F YA! THANK YOU MISHELLE! I was having the same problem. My son spilled his water on the cable box lol. So my husband and I quickly turned the cable box off and disconnected it to clean it thoroughly before it was too late.. It wouldn't turn back on.. so we assumed it was broken.

Couldn't call Comcast 'cause it happened Friday night
(yesterday) and Comcast closes at 5:00 pm and is closed weekends. very crappy when my toddlers rely on Sprout.. I don't wanna wait 'til Monday..

So i felt like trying again.(right now) It turned on and gave me that dUi message. So I googled it and came across this lovely blog/thread/whatever this is here. I took Mishelle's advice or :: did what she did :: and HORRAY!! IT WORKS! I HAVE CABLE AGAIN! SUPER AWESOME!

Thanks to people like you! wooo! lol im so happy now and i hate tv too. my husbands a big baby though. you men need to get a.. f'n hobby or something. ;D
Rachel
7/23/2009 6:56 PM
Hi, to the lady who's son spilled on her cable box... what exactly did you do to fix it? My son did the same thing today. I read through this thread but can't seem to find the fix. Thanks!
Donna
10/9/2009 7:32 PM
Another vote for this solution working. We have component cables, but they are not long enough. So I really wanted the HDMI to work. Comcast was worthless. Completely worthless. Said they never heard of this problem. Glad for Google and helpful posters.
Dan
1/1/2010 10:53 AM
DVI Digital Voodoo Interruption, this has plague me for at least a year now. I have exchanged 6 set top boxes, I have had the entire crew at my house and no one knows how to fix the DVI problem, I have unplugged it, switched connections everything I we can think of and I keep gettting the DVI error, it flashes at me like some kind of voodoo spell. If anyone ever figures it out I will post the solution. Mystery to me.
David Barrett
1/1/2010 5:25 PM
Dan, yuck. It sounds like you may have a TV that doesn't support HDCP (the copy protection scheme involved with protecting HDMI and DVI). How old is your TV? Sometimes, not every HDMI input port on a TV will support HDCP, and some older TVs don't support it at all. See http://tv.about.com/od/hdtv/a/hdmidvihdcp.htm and http://tv.about.com/od/frequentlyaskedquestions/qt/hdcpcompliant.htm. Good luck!
Frustrated at cablebox
1/26/2010 7:18 PM
The HDMI switch to component sounds like a logical solution and will give a try. However my problem is slightly different than those above. I have had my cable box, TV and HDMI connected to the TV for well over a year. Two weeks ago I start getting the DUi code, the cable cuts out and then comes back after about 5 secs. While this doesn't appear as a major problem, it occurs several times in an evening and it is wreaking havoc with my DVR. I welcome any suggestions.
Meghan
2/2/2010 5:59 PM
I have had my phillips lcd hdtv for several months and it had been working fine with the hd comcast cable box. I turned the tv and cable box on today, and the tv said no signal and the cable box was flashing dui. I googled the message and found this thread. I tried everything everyone said and got really frustrated when nothing worked but finally when i unplugged both the cable box and tv, unplugged the hdmi cable from both, and replugged it in to a different hdmi port, and then then turned them both back on. This finally worked!!! So happy because the av cable just really isnt the same quality. Thanks everyone!
Jasmine
2/8/2010 10:39 AM
I just had this problem and luckily found this post before calling Comcast. Just unplugged the box for a minute, plugged back in, and it works again! Now I'm scared to turn it off again. Thanks for the help!
joe
2/20/2010 3:54 AM
I have the same problem with the DUI error. I also turn off the box and it will reset itself and work until I turn off the TV. Then I have error again. I only get the error when I turn the TV back on. Could the problem actually be the TV HDMI. I have a 2-year contract with Sears. I nthink I give their tech support a call. I have switched to a different HDMI still have same problem. I have tried all three HDMI. Maybe there is a download for my Toshiba LCD TV
Elisha
2/24/2010 9:19 AM
I am having the same issue. I also have a philips LCD, just exchanged the dvr box last night. After an hour on the phone with Comcast and no fix I googled and found this blog. However I switched my cable hdmi into another hdmi port and it did not fix. Now what???
David Barrrtt
2/24/2010 9:49 AM
Elisha, how old is your TV? See my comments to Dan, above.
Elisha
2/24/2010 6:27 PM
Our TV isn't even 6 months old yet. I contacted comcast again to see if a different person maybe could help me and they had no idea what the problem is. Everything was working fine with our older HD DVR box, we only traded it in because we couldn't hardly record anything before being at 100%. The comcast tech will be out in the morning, and I have a feeling he won't be able to fix it either... I'm stumped!
Shawn
3/2/2010 9:09 PM
My setup was fine until I introduced a new tv (Vizio) into the bedroom onto an existing HD box. Not to rip on Vizeo because I already own one (55") in the main room and LOVE it. Instantly had DUI message on the dch3200. Had the tech out, he tried another box, same DUI issues that lock the box right up. Then he brought out a new still in the package dcx3400. Same DUI issue. I returned the Vizio and got a Philips. Turned it on and GOT THE SAME DUI ISSUE! What is going on all of a sudden? It flashes DUI and EF01, and the format keeps resetting to 480P. That alone is driving me nuts because then I have to keep changing it back to 720p or 1080i. I feel horrible returning TVs that are probably fine, plus I really don't know how to fix this. The tech had never seen this before and he installs boxes every day. Vizio tech said he never heard of it before either.
Greg
3/3/2010 6:35 PM
Recently started having same problem as "Frustrated at Cablebox" where tv and dvr work fine but intermittently goes black for @3-5 seconds (also is black in recordings). DVI error flashes on shut down/start up but I'm running HDMI and HD 1080 picture is working. Comcast said to check all my connections so I recut all my splices and plugs. Have Samsung TV that's less then two years old.
Shawn
3/4/2010 1:30 PM
UPDATE- I couldn't get HDMI to work, so I tried component cables (they can handle up to 720p or 1080i, which is all the box can output anyway). It worked. Then I plugged in the HDMI cable (while watching thru component) and instantly the box said DUI and the TV screen said something like this "The HD content protection of your display has been compromised. Please use the YPbPr outputs for your HD connection." I had to unplug the HDMI for the box to work again. As for the techs not knowing anything about HDCP & HDMI, that is ridiculous or they are lying. People have had issues with it for several years according to the threads that I easily Googled.
David Barrett
3/4/2010 2:10 PM
@Shawn: My vote is for 'ridiculous'. I know there are really good techs out there, but it's not surprising that the average installer hasn't even heard of HDCP.
Dan W
3/23/2010 9:17 AM
With the box on, hit the POWER then the MENU button. on the display you will see "dui" that is supposed to mean"DVI" but led's cant make a "V". Then when you hit the cursor arrow to the right you will see something trying to say "HDMI" once you select that turn on your box and it should work.
Mike D
3/25/2010 5:52 PM
I am having some of the same issues but I am not getting the error message on my DCH3200 box. It just displays the channel like nothing is wrong but th eTV (Toshiba Regza) just displays NO VIDEO INPUT on the screen. I plug my PS3 into the same jack using the same hdmi cable and everything works fine. Changed to one of the new small HD comcast boxes about a month ago and all was fine until this past weekend. Now im back into the DCH3200 box and still no TV. Any help?
Tony
3/26/2010 7:59 PM
I had the same problems as you guys with the HDCP error and not the DVR not shaking hands with my Onkyo receiver. This worked for me (may not work for all of you):

I connected my DVR through component. I let it update for about 20 minutes. Still no picture. I called Brighthouse and told them I couldn't get a picture. They reset my box remotely. Once I got a picture, I let the box update for another 20 minutes. After that I connected the HDMI cable. So far, so good. Hope this helps.
DMC
4/10/2010 8:39 AM
Thanks, everyone, for this thread. I went to bed last night with a working TV and woke up with no cable. The dUi code was only flashing up on my display every once in a while. I unplugged/rebooted the cable several times, same with the TV, unplugged and replugged the HDMI cable from both connections, checked the cable cord connection, etc., etc. Finally, I remembered that I had an extra HDMI cable that I got with my home theater setup. I unplugged everything, replaced the cable, rebooted, and everything works. If I get the dUi code again, I'll check the HDMI cable first. (FYI, I tried troubleshooting on comcast.com and tried calling but got frustrated with not being able to get a human being, so I found this site. Isn't it sad that the best customer service and troubleshooting comes from frustrated customers?)
Salina
4/19/2010 9:56 AM
Again, everyone, thanks for this thread, I am completely confused and frustrated at my own situation. I bought a Samsung LN40B360 back in February and plugged it into my Motorola DCT6412 via HDMI cable in a HDMI/DVI port. It worked fine for about 2 months until one night I came home and there was no picture when I turned on the TV but the menus and guide still worked but said, "One Moment Please..." or "This Channel Will be Available Shortly..." I tried calling Comcast who tried to reboot it remotely but the box did not respond. I then unplugged the box and re-plugged it back in after a few minutes and then it had NO graphics at all. None of the buttons on the remote produced anything except the "Info" button which produced a white screen with basic black font that said, "Set Parental Controls." When I would plug in the HDMI cable (into the HDMI/DVI or the regular HDMI ports), the cable box would display "DUI" or "DVI" but nothing would be displayed on screen.

Comcast then said it was a box issue so I returned the DCT6412 for a DCX3400. Again, the same issue but this time none of the menus or guide showed up, only that basic white screen when I pressed "info." There is no picture, no sound, nada. I switched to component cables and that does not work either. When I plug the cable from the wall directly into the TV, it does work which makes me question whether it's the box or the TV.

I tried unplugging and replugging in HDMI cable on a number of ports a number of times and occasionally I would get a brief pink screen or a "Please Wait" from the TV (different than the Please Wait from the Cable Box) then it would say "check signal cables" then goes to a black screen. Once, it did say "The HD content protection of your display has been compromised. Please use the YPbPr outputs for your HD connection," but using the component cables did not solve the problem. It also only said that once on screen and gone almost instantly.

Comcast sent a technician out and he was baffled. He is convinced it's the TV but I can't completely agree with him yet.

I updated the firmware on the Samsung thinking that was the problem. Needless to say, it didn't fix anything. My DVD player works fine on all of the HDMI ports and my Wii also works fine on the AV jacks.

I have tried every combination of turning off the cable box, rebooting the box, turning on the TV, unplugging everything, etc and nothing has worked. Anyone have any idea, please??
Linda W.
4/22/2010 5:39 AM
Thank goodness for all the great posts here. I have a Toshiba 42" LCD which was fine for the past year - but last week went to a black screen with the box code dUI. Comcast tried to reboot remotely - no luck then told me to exchange the box. No difference. Now I will work with the HDMI cable. Many thanks for your posts!
rumy
5/30/2010 4:34 PM
i switched my hdmi cable from hdmi 1 to hdmi 2 on the tv.. no more dui error on the box. thanks for the recommendation
D.Berry
5/31/2010 12:08 PM
Everyone Dan W posts will work thanks Dan W.
Gregory Catrambone
9/12/2010 8:59 PM
Just got this Vizio LCD HDTV and hooked up the Comcast Motorola HD DVR Box with an HDMI cable and got the dreaded DV1 error. Everything works fine with the coaxial cable connection, but as soon as I try the HDMI cable, in either of the 2 ports, it freezes. Have a Comcast tech coming tomorrow. Hopefully they have a fix for this by now. I'll post anything good that comes of it.
Gregory Catrambone
9/15/2010 2:37 PM
Follow up report: The Comcast technician agreed that the Cable Box was the culprit. He hooked up another and the HDMI cable connection works great. HD picture and sound quality is phenomenal!
Scott
9/20/2010 6:08 PM
I too have this problem and Comcast told me it was a weak cable signal I told them I had no problems with signal this was according to their own check. I have an HDMI switcher everything works just shows me the code thank you all for the post.
Dave M Wendland
9/28/2010 1:32 AM
I have a 55" Samsung tv with a motorola Comsat HD DVR box, f'n ridiculous that it won't play. Get the black screen repeatedly, tonight no matter what was reset, unplugged or ports were switched, no change. HDCP is the devil, absolutely terrible implementation and pointless.

If anyone has tips on resolving, that would be great. I am convinced it's the Samsung TV that can't handshake HDCP content properly. All inputs face the same results and a new receiver ruled that out. The TV is beautiful but a PAIN in the A**
M
10/5/2010 11:31 AM
It's NOT an error code. It's just telling you you have a dvi connection. You should see what hdmi looks like."hdnl" By the way,that is a small L, not the number one.
David Barrett
10/6/2010 10:34 AM
@M: Whatever you call it, it's still an indication there's a fault in negotiating HDMI with the component on the other end of the cable. I never had a DVI cable plugged in when I got the message. I've also never seen the "hdnl" message in four years. Perhaps that's on newer boxes?
T_arith
10/24/2010 10:20 PM
THis is a Motorola HDMI/HDCP set top box problem. Stay away any Motorola product like cell phone too
Whatever
10/27/2010 6:21 PM
Well I had the same problem interesting enough Comcast shut the hd off for some reason, so then after three calls and an hour per call I was able to get a tech to send the correct signal to turn it back on. Let's see how long it lasts
Steve C
11/6/2010 2:00 AM
I confirm what Dan W said is working (posted on 3/23/2010 9:17 AM.) In fact, you can see the menu on TV if you connect your TV to the composite output (yellow). Make sure power is off when you press menu.
Joy G
11/17/2010 2:43 PM
We have had the same problem with the TV screen going black and the cable box going off and on with the DVI code flashing. We tried all the switching of the HDMI inputs and other cables but that didn't help. After much research we looked at the manual and did some box to TV setup in the cable box menu. This is the link to an online copy of the manual. If you go to page 27 it will give instructions on how to set up the box to work with your TV. We did this and now everything is working great. The picture is even better now too! http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/dcx3200P2/downloads/DCX3200P2_UG.pdf
The cable box will still flash DVI on start up and shut down but we have learned that it is the box indicating that it is using a DVI input. Hope that this helps everyone.
Chris K
2/17/2011 1:52 PM
removing the power sources from both the box and tv and re-seating the HDMI works to clear both DUI and HDCP
Shawn
2/25/2011 10:19 AM
I tried an HDMI cable again (a year later) and now it works without error. When the tv gets fired up and looks for the signal the box flashes DVI for a second and then looks normal and the picture pops up on the tv. I am still convinced that the box just needed to be flashed an update to keep up with the ever-changing HDCP in new tvs. DanW's fix wasn't needed because the box was already set to HDMI under Advanced HDMI Settings. Note that when I power down & hit menu the box says 16:9, not HDMI or DVI like DanW says. I have to dig into Advanced HDMI Settings to make his change. If you are having issues getting a picture over HDMI I think you will not be able to see the (power down hit menu) menu screen until you hook up separate Y/G/B component cables & change the tv input to component.
Bc
10/6/2011 5:21 PM
Something so simple. I exchanged 2 boxes and multiple calls the cable co. The painters switcched to hdmi 4 instead of hdmi 1. I just swapped it back and the tv is fine now. Thanks
Bonnee
1/6/2012 10:17 AM
I just moved to SF Bay Area from Oregon where I also had comcast with no problems (different set top box/same TV). Since my cable was installed here (old house - new totall installation of all cables) my phillips tv gets an error code at startup that says "Lost HDCP Connection with your display. Trying to re-establish HDCP Connection" and there is an OK box to select with the remote. I have full picture and sound but screen quote at top says its running at 480p. None of this is terribly problematic, what is a problem however is that during a TV show my screen/sound goes blank for 3-5 seconds. The lights on the TV and the box remain on and don't appear to be the issue. Comcast came and put a signal strenthener in the basement where the cables are and swapped out the box. Issue continues. The blink out is not consistant. It occurs most often when watching ON DEMAND or local channels. I can watch Chef Ramsey on BBC all day with no blink out then put on the news at 5 and not be able to catch a full story because the blink out can be as rapid as ever minute to every 3-5 minutes. If I change the chanel to something else sometimes it continues, sometimes it stops. There is no rhyme or reason. Comcast is blaming the TV because its not happening on other sets in the home, however the other sets are not hooked up to HDMI boxes, they are on the free mini boxes. Comcast is coming out today again. My 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee is up on Monday. I told them if they dont get the issue resolved I will cancell my service and request a refund including my installation fees. They declined refunding the install and said only the monthly fee will be refunded. Seems like this should not be the case since by reading this thread I am not the only one experiencing these problems. I will be printing out your comments and giving them to my cable repairman today for his review. I will not accept that the TV which is less then a year old is the problem. Thanks for your posts! Frustrated in CALI!
Steve
6/13/2012 7:46 AM
In case anyone is still monitoring this, I have an observation.

There is a setting on my Toshiba flatscreen that allows control of the TV through the HDMI cable. I turned that feature off and switched the input. I hope the green screen stops coming up.
clp
11/18/2012 8:10 AM
I replaced my 2 yr old Motorola cable box with the latest version from comcast and no more DVI issue. So happy. Note: I do have an AV receiver + Google-tv in my set-up. It didn't matter what combination of HDMI ports I used - the error continued. So the comcast box replacement was my last hope - and it did the trick.
Jaclyn MacLeod
1/26/2013 7:18 AM
We have a similar issue. We are not though comcast, as most of you seem to be. We are through a local cable provider, but are using a Motorola cable box. When we turn on our tv and cable box, we get the DVI message on the box, and no signal going through to the tv. We found that, in order to get the signal to come through, we have to change the input on the tv to DVD or game consol, and then change it back to the digital cable input. Some times it comes back on, and some times we have to change the channel a few times.

The cable tech just left. He tried another box, another HDMI input jack, another HDMI cable. Nothing worked. Then he tried the same box on another tv with new and old HDMI cables and it worked no problem. He seems to think it's the tv, but my playstation doesn't have that problem, and it's hooked up with HDMI cables.

Any ideas?
Bill
2/18/2013 1:40 AM
Go home cable boxes, you're all drunk.

On a serious note though, I get the DVI error code on my DCX-3400 series (black with touch controls) DVR connected to any input on my Onkyo TX-NR717 receiver or my LG 55LM7600. I also got the error with my Olevia 537-B11 when using HDMI. I guess I'm lucky though, that any setup with either TV would give me that error code, and then fix itself automatically about 5 seconds later.

I actually think it's the software that Comcast uses; I had a DCT-3400 series (silver and square), two different DCT-6400 series (silver with the oval theme; one was one tuner and one was dual tuner), and a HD version of their black digital box (forgot the model number on that), All of those boxes would have occasional DVI error messages with an old 23" monitor I had that I used as a TV, and only the single-tuner DVR would lock up on me. Charter's HD boxes do the same thing from time to time to a sister in law of mine, and they're using the same software Comcast does.
John E
5/28/2013 6:32 PM
I just had the same issue with a Westinghouse LCD and moving over to HDMI 2 input on the TV worked for me. Thank you for the suggestion.
Cable Guy
5/29/2013 7:36 AM
If you get "green screens", power cycle the TV and box until the picture returns. This is a simple miscommunication between the two components.

A DVI (du1) error means the TV doesn't support the HDMI version the box is running. All major MSOs are using HDMI 1.4b, so your TV may need a firmware upgrade to support it. TV manufacturers will readily give you the file, just put it on a jump drive and put it in the TV's USB port.

The copyright protection feature of HDMI prevents use of more than one video output at one time on a Moto box. For instance, the user plugging in the Video out at the same time as HDMI was getting the copyright message. Disconnecting one or the other should resolve the problem, although I have seen it lock up the box, requiring replacement. The box will need to be "rei aged", and they won't do that in your home.

It's late, but I hope this answers some of the questions I saw above.
# Motorola Cable Box and DVI (DuI) Error
James
7/31/2013 11:31 AM
Thanks Cable Guy! Power cycle seems to be the best solution. My setup includes the RNG200n and a xfinity wireless router. What worked for me was to turn the TV off, unplug the router first then the DVR, the plug ONLY the DVR back in while its booting up displaying the DuI message then plug in the router, wait till you get the online light and finally turn the TV on. NO More DuI message or turning off by itself or if I turn the TV off
VH
4/23/2014 4:37 AM
same thing happened to me yesterday. both HDMI inputs to my older Samsung HDTV did not bring in the HD signal, blue screen. Went on line looked up the cable box manual and there are 3 ways to get the HD signal into older HDTVs, HDMI, Component (red, blue, green + audio red & White, or this IEEE outlet. I used the Component outputs and the TV is working fine. Just now need to add audio connections. Try that out before going through the trouble of getting a new box.
David Barrett
4/23/2014 9:51 AM
Component will certainly work since it doesn't have the digital copy protection that HDMI does. HDMI is theoretically the best picture, however, though I'm not sure about the difference in quality between the two. Some people want the best connection possible, so HDMI is their preference. Also, HDMI is capable of carrying video and audio over the same cable (unlike previous technologies).
# re: Motorola Cable Box and DVI Error DU1
Diego M Bazaes
10/20/2014 12:50 AM
I was watching tv quietly through my Motorola DCX 3200 decoder, until the picture froze and Dbox trailed off , try almost 1 ½ repair , could not, until you feel the " DU1 " error and look in google , visit many web pages with the problem until I report coming from the HDMI , I have sony bravia tv , it occurred to me in sony bravia menu , HDMI settings , " autodesactivar device " should select NO and everything will return to normal. now I'm enjoying the Dbox HD.

Greetings from Chile.

Title *
Name *
Comment *
Verification
Comment and opinions are my own and do not reflect on my company in any way.