Here is a really easy fix for some ORA-00900 errors.
Well at least the one I saw the other day. This was something that I did not
come across when searching either. I found lots of other ideas on what the
problem might be but not the fix. Since I am fairly new to PL/SQL (TSQL only for
a long time) this one stumped me for a while. Until I asked someone and they saw
the error in about two seconds.
When using the Command Window to add a view I was receiving an ORA-00900
error. So I checked that everything the view was referencing was there and that
the permissions looked OK. The code for the view was fairly simple and it ran
just fine in a regular SQL Window. It ended up that the Command Window did not
like the space I had between the list of items in the select before the
<--- does not like
the empty line
I will just chalk that up to my familiarity with PL/SQL.