Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM

I bought a KVM to open up some more room on my primary desk.  Now I have my 1 Dell E207WFP (awesome wide screen - I'll never go back.  I can't!  I won't!)  and 1 keyboard and mouse.  Pushing the little Belkin Flip button swaps from my laptop to my server.  Nice, however, when I boot up my Vista laptop, it detects the monitor as Unknown Monitor with a max resolution of 1,440 x 900 instead of the 1,680 x 1,050 that the E207WFP provides.

Solution:  I swap out the monitor cable back to the laptop, boot, then swap it back to the KVM.  Why don't I just swap in/out the monitor/keyboard/mouse and toss the Belkin?

Print | posted @ Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:02 AM

Comments on this entry:

Gravatar # re: Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM
by caa at 4/23/2008 3:00 PM

I had this problem too. Installing the FLIP software on the PC seemed to clear it up.
Gravatar # re: Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM
by Danny V at 5/18/2008 7:08 AM

I installed the software but that didn't help :/
Gravatar # re: Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM
by arluijen at 5/22/2008 2:44 AM

I'm having some more issues with my Belkin switch: The first couple of times it went ok, got the max resolution on my Syncmaster 2232bw (talking about awesome). Now it won't detect it... it gives me a range of resolutions but not the 1680 x 1050 one. I've had this exact problem with an acer monitor before. Installing things like powerstrip doesn't help.

My only solution...take the monitor cable and directly plug it into my laptop. Why did I ever by a belkin switch ?
Gravatar # re: Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM
by Mario at 6/11/2008 6:25 PM

This should help:

Gravatar # re: Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM
by Tony at 8/18/2009 7:27 AM

Bought this for use with and E machine desk top and a Compac laptop with window vista. Everything was good for a couple of days, until I turn on the laptop at class by it self and the screen was dead... would not display. I can only use the laptop with and external monitor. Did a system restore..still dead the screen. Any suggestions?
Gravatar # my belkin flip problems are worse...
by Robert Roehm at 10/3/2009 5:33 AM

Lately, when I scroll up, and move the mouse, it causes the Flip to send out key combinations to close the tab I just clicked on, or the key combination to Go Back/ Go Forward.

It is starting to get so bad that my productivity has slowed to a crawl.

How do I get this Flip fixed?
Gravatar # re: Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM
by Nathan at 10/24/2009 11:31 AM

Mine keeps automatically switching to my second machine (even if there is not a second machine connected to the KVM). When the other machine isn't connected and it does this, I have to unplug the USB from my computer and plug it back in. Plus the flip clicker stopped working. grrrrr
Gravatar # re: Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM
by Robert Olson at 5/26/2010 3:54 PM

I have seen the same problems as mentioned here. The KVM will not keep the settings from one power on cycle to the next. I have to continue to reset the USB ports to the PC's for the FLIP to recognize either the keyboard or the mouse. This is a really poor system.
Gravatar # re: Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM
by penni at 7/20/2010 10:45 AM

need a new remote/clicker!!!
Gravatar # re: Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM
by Keith Norman at 10/17/2010 5:34 AM

Problem with Belkin Switch2. System sets up fine and works well until I power down. Upon boot-up, the screen displays are ok but neither computer recognise either the keyboard or mouse
Gravatar # re: Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM
by BigZee at 3/13/2011 2:50 PM

I have a HP Pavilion Media Center PC with
wireless adapter (USB) for keyboard and mouse
and a Samsung lcd monitor.
My other computer is an old Aptive with both
USB and PS/2 connection for keyboard and mouse.
I bought a Belkin Flip KVM switch to connect
both computers to the 1 monitor. I've connected
the 2 computers to the belkin flip, the monitor
to the belkin flip and the wireless adapter to
the keyboard USB on the flip.The monitor works
fine for both computers, however the mouse and
the keyboard work only on the Aptive. From the
looks of it the wireless adapter-belkin-computer
USB connection does not work. Any suggestions?
Gravatar # re: Problem with the Belkin Flip KVM
by C. Greenall at 9/8/2012 8:54 PM

Using the switch (with clicker) to switch between a Win7 and an XP PC for demo purposes - output to projector - worked fine for a couple of weeks now doesn't throughput to the projector - I'm back to moving the plugs and crawling round the floor
Any suggestions?