--------- UPDATE 12/06/2012---------
Note: this issue should now be fully resolved on Geeks with Blogs as of this morning (12/06/2012).
Some interesting background: After installing the hotfix, IE10 would suddenly no longer login to GWB at all (!!!). So the patch initially made things worse!
An additional fix was required to ensure IE10 would parse the login page correctly:
- Remove the older doctype declaration of: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
- Replace it with the newer HTML5 declaration: <!DOCTYPE html>
Then on the actual posting page itself, the "create" and "edit" posts link problems were resolved but the rich text editor became completely disabled! To resolve this I forced IE10 into IE9 mode by adding the standard IE9 meta tag header: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />
If you're experiencing any issues creating posts on GWB using IE10, please contact me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
--------- END UPDATE---------
- Log into your GWB Account and go to the “Posts” page.
- Hit F12 to bring up the developer window in IE10.
- Click on the ‘Browser Mode’ option and change it to IE9.
- You should now be able to create/edit/delete posts in GWB.
Note this also fixes any other sites in IE10 that might not yet have the hotfix applied. You can tell if the hotfix is the likely culprit if you’re using IE10 and see the following error in the Web Developers Console area:
SCRIPT5009: '__doPostBack' is undefined
Let us know ASAP if there are other issues you are experiencing that aren’t fixed by this workaround!