I recently sat down with Ben Scheirman (co-author of ASP.NET MVC in Action) for my first interview on my new show DotNetRadio. It was quite a talk! We covered the following points:
- An introduction to Ben Scheirman and how he got into web development
- Bens path through various web technologies such as ColdFusion, PHP, Ruby, and ASP.NET
- A brief discussion on code testability
- Working with ASP.NET web forms using the model view presenter pattern
- How ASP.NET MVC simplifies the testing process
- Ben informs us of how you can sell test driven development to a client…or sneak it in
- Regression testing
- We run through the process of refactoring and how you really should trustReSharper
- We briefly touch upon the concept of Continuous Integration
- Ben discusses a new way of testing using MSpec to create documentation out of your unit tests
- This leads us into behavior driven development and context specification
- Next we discuss how twitter can be used as a developer tool
- Ben describes to us how he got involved with co-authoring ASP.NET MVC in Action and the process involved with writing a book based on “preview” code.
Check it out at http://dotnetradio.com/. You can follow the show on Twitter at DNetRadio.
As this is a new show the format is not entirely worked out just yet! I am still trying to work out the music, the format, guest lineup, advertisers, etc. Also, since I am a coder by day and a coder/writer at night – pro-audio is a totally foreign concept to me. I am all ears if after listening to the show or visiting the site you come up with a WTF moment or just some good general advice. Shoot it my way!