I have waited long for this to come. Finally it is out now as hotfix from Microsoft, though its been quite some time now. The issue was that the Maximum resolution available till now with Virtual PC was 1600 X 1200. That made working with the virtual pc a little odd since the host machine was running at the resolution of 1920 X 1200.
Now Microsoft has come up with the Hotfix for the same. Along side they have fixed other issues as well:
1. Extended the support to more OS versions
2. Stabilized Virtual PC Networking
3. Resolution now extended upto 2048 x 1920(32 Bit) using the S3 Trio 32/64 bit card using 16 MB RAM
and also some of the issues. Get a detailed picture and the download from the following location
I would like to open again a question which has been discussed number of times, but still eludes a concrete solution i.e. How to manage Config Files (mainly web) for different environments like Dev, Test, Staging, Prod and so on.
Are there any best practices involed. I know about Configuration Applicaion App Block but that seems to be too much. Any light weight solution which some one can propose.
Thanks in advance.
You might get entangled while reinstalling SQL Server 2008 on a PC where VS 2008 has already been installed before. Simple way to resolve this scenario is to install VS 2008 SP1 on the machine. Various routes which can be taken are:
· Install Visual Studio 2008 SP1 before you install SQL Server 2008
· Uninstall Visual Studio 2008, and then install SQL Server 2008. After SQL Server 2008 is installed, you can install Visual Studio 2008, and then install Visual Studio 2008 SP1.
Do not install the following components of SQL Server 2008:
· Management Tools (Basic or Complete)
· Integration Services
· Business Intelligence Development Studio
For all the scenarios you can refer to the following KB article: