We’ve been working hard on a new template for GWB. We’re not there yet, but we wanted to release the Beta version for GWB bloggers to try out for themselves.
Chances are, if you’re reading this, you’re already viewing the new template. It's called “Minimal” and can be selected in the GWB admin area:
The new template has several new features that you won’t find in any of the other templates on GWB:
- New “My most popular posts” area:
- Integrated linkedin/facebook/twitter icons when the Options > Information section is completed in the admin area.
- Integrated social sharing icons for LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Hacker News and Google+.
Click on “Share” …
… to reveal social sharing options.
- New “Popular” and “Brand New” GWB posts highlighted on the right. This means when you write a new post that appears in the GWB main feed, it will also appear here in the “Brand New” area on every user’s blog that is using the Minimal template. If your post is also one of the most popular on GWB, it will be listed twice!
- Improved search results that list blog-specific content first, GWB-wide content second.
- A new “GWB content categories” area highlighted on the right
- Built with Twitter Bootstrap and optimized for 1366x768 resolution viewing, with responsive design for some smaller resolutions.
- Codeproject integration available for the template’s RSS feed
Go here for more details of how to integrate your blog with CodeProject. (Note: this is a beta feature still undergoing testing)
- Category tags added to the RSS feed of blog posts listed by Tag.
- RSS option added to Popular Posts on GWB area.
Remember, all features of this template are currently in Beta and subject to change in future releases. We’re also currently aware of an issue where posts appear “unstyled” when using Live Writer because it can’t import this new theme format.